POV-Ray : Newsgroups : irtc.general : The Rules : Re: The Rules Server Time
14 May 2024 03:01:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Rules
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Jun 2009 03:39:57
Message: <4a3c924d$1@news.povray.org>
"clipka" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.4a3c33ac2f2043cd7080f32a0@news.povray.org...
> "Hildur K." <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>> Tolkien.

>> them,

>> me
>> sleep. Something very wrong with my brain I guess.
>
> That's okay. We all have some things we seem to be expected to like, but
> for
> some obscure reason don't.

And it is the prerogative of every intelligent person.

> [...] Some say that he did the whole Middle-Earth thing just as a tool to
> develop his languages.

Yes indeed, and he certainly pretended that also to himself. In 'The History
of Middle Earth' it is shown nicely how both are intimately inter-connected.
Still, I think the stories came first, very early in his life, at least when
he was on the battlefields of Flanders (guess where Mordor took its source?)
and his profound linguistic knowledge helped took over for important parts
of the creation.

Thomas